Last Updated on May 23, 2023 by ReTurf
Renovating your roof deck can be an exciting project that transforms an underutilized space into a vibrant and inviting outdoor oasis. One creative and sustainable option for revamping your roof deck is to incorporate reused artificial turf. Not only does this approach minimize waste, but it also provides a soft and green surface that is perfect for relaxation and recreation.
Here are some design ideas and offer installation tips to help you make the most of your roof deck renovation.
1. Lounge Area: Create a cozy lounge area by covering a section of your roof deck with reused artificial turf. Add comfortable seating, outdoor rugs, and accent pillows to enhance the inviting atmosphere. Consider incorporating a small coffee table or a fire pit for added functionality and ambience.
2. Mini Garden: Use reused artificial turf as a base for creating a mini garden on your roof deck. Install planter boxes or raised garden beds filled with a variety of plants, flowers, and even small trees. The lush green turf will provide a beautiful contrast to the vibrant colors of your plants and flowers. .
3. Play Area: If you have children or pets, transform a part of your roof deck into a play area. Cover the surface with reused artificial turf to create a safe and soft space for kids and pets to play. Install swing sets, mini basketball hoops, or other play equipment to keep them entertained.
4. Yoga or Exercise Space: Designate a section of your roof deck for yoga or exercise. Lay reused artificial turf and add some yoga mats or exercise equipment. This space will provide a serene environment for practicing yoga, stretching, or engaging in your favorite workout routines.
1. Surface Preparation: Before installing the reused artificial turf, ensure that the roof deck surface is clean, smooth, and free from any debris or loose materials. Repair any damages and apply a weather-resistant barrier to protect the roof deck from moisture.
2. Proper Drainage: Ensure adequate drainage on your roof deck to prevent water buildup. Install a drainage system or use permeable artificial turf that allows water to pass through. This will help to maintain the longevity and integrity of your roof deck.
3. Securing the Turf: Use adhesive or double-sided tape specifically designed for artificial turf to secure it to the roof deck surface. Pay attention to the edges and corners to ensure a seamless and secure installation. Additionally, consider adding sand or rubber infill to provide stability and prevent shifting.
4. Regular Maintenance: To keep your roof deck looking fresh and inviting, perform regular maintenance on the reused artificial turf. Brush or rake the turf to remove leaves, debris, and any flattened areas. Periodically clean the turf with water and mild detergent to maintain its appearance and functionality.
Renovating your roof deck with reused artificial turf not only adds a touch of greenery and comfort but also promotes sustainability by repurposing materials. With these design ideas and installation tips, you can create a stunning and eco-friendly outdoor space that you and your family will enjoy for years to come.